Leopoldo Gómez has obtained his Master degree (in 2006) in Information technologies at the University of Guadalajara with the development of a 3D environment as a research tool for a Growing Functional Module controller (GFM paradigm). He obtained an engineer degree (in 2000) on computer science by making and presented a project that could help on teachers attendance by getting their position and ID from a static physical device and retrieving the related data from a local DB such information was stored on a web interface in order to be viewed by users. Leopoldo has always had the concern of making practical projects for real life problems. By now he is a PhD student in Information Technologies interested in Metaheuristics optimization techniques that could help on finding the 'best' path searching way with the use of static and dynamic data to optimize the use of the infrastucture in a system.
Abstract. Backgroud: Mobility is becoming a crucial factor in an urban environment because of its influence and impact on socioeconomic activities; however, from this freedom of displacement has been emerging a problem called traffic due to the high concentration of people and/or vehicles in populated areas, this congestion can be alleviated by a better use of the available infrastructure by searching alternatives to travel through the city mesh-like environment, using other people contributions about the urban status. Aims: A good assessment of streets in a first static way and then by dynamic conditions of the urban environment is used for path planning with the Ant Colony Optimization algorithm (ACO for short) that return as result 'optimal' paths on a time basis related to the streets city conditions. Method: static street characteristics plus dynamic conditions, obtained by crowsourcing via smartphones, are taken into consideration to assess streets quialities and rate them. These values are used for an estimation of paths in a time basis with ACO algorithm based on this rate which becomes an influential factor on the heuristic that diverts the search process towards those 'faster' routes.
Thesis Dr. Director: Dr. Rubén Ruelas Lepe.
- Optimization, Metaheuristics
Relevant web sites
- Ant Colony Optimization paradigm - www.aco-metaheuristic.org
- Marco Dorigo´s web page and personal info. - http://www.iridia.ubl.ac.be/mdorigo/HomePageDorigo/
- Smart Traffic for Guadalajara City, Mexico: Collaborative effort between University of Guadalajara and IBM in the aim of Smart Cities.
- Benjamín Ojeda, J. Miguel Barron-Adame, Maria-Guadalupe Cortina, Ruben Ruelas, Joel Quintanilla-Dominguez, Antonio Vega and Leopoldo Gomez-Barba,. “Air pollution analysis with a possibilistic and fuzzy clustering algorithm applied in a real database of Salamanca (México)”,. Environmental Monitoring, Edit. INTECH, 2011.
- Desarrollo de un universo virtual 3D enfocado a la evaluación de un controlador GFM, Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Jèrôme Leboeuf Pasquier, Proceedings of CONCIBE, 2006.
Participation in Congresses, Seminars and Workshops
- Victor M. Larios-Rosillo, Laura Torres-López, José G. Robledo-Hernández, Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Jesús Arámburu, Ana Rosa Jimenez-Meza. TUI Traffic: Smart Traffic project for Guadalajara city in Regional Technical Exchange (RTE) 2012 IBM Technological Campus Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. August 14, 2012.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., “Optimization of traffic route mapping based on smartphones”., PhD. on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., UDG-IBM Smart Cities Deep Dive Workshop, September 15th 2011.
- Victor M. Larios-Rosillo, Laura Torres-López, José G. Robledo-Hernández, Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Carlos Vázquez-Castañeda. Conference - Megaciudades Inteligentes: Sistema Conference in Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. Universidad Tecnológica de la Zona Metropolitana de Guadalajara (UTZMG). April 8, 2011.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., "Ant Colony Optimization using a street assessment strategy to discover ultimate routes for the individual urban mobility",. PhD on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., 10th IT PhD Workshop, June 2012.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., "Ant Colony Optimization for the time-dependent shortest path problem on a street city model"., PhD on Information Technologies, University of Guadalajara., 9th IT PhD Workshop, December 2011.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., “Techniques for solving the light railway scheduling problem”., PhD. on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., 8th IT PhD Workshop, June 2011.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., “Scheduling optimization for railway systems using Ant Colony Optimization”., PhD. on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., 7th IT PhD Workshop, December 2010.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., “Ant Colony Optimization as a tool for improving efficiency on a single urban light railway”., PhD. on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., 6th IT PhD Workshop, June 2010.
- Leopoldo Gómez-Barba, Rubén Ruelas Lepe., “Metaheuristic optimization for improving efficiency on the service of the urban electric rail way in the city of Guadalajara”., PhD. on Information technologies, University of Guadalajara., 5th IT PhD Workshop, December 2009.