And the PhD in Information Technologies. Her PhD degree was achieved in February 2012 with the thesis research work: “Humanoid editor to simulate heterogeneous virtual crowds for different environments using evolutionary operators and distance functions”
Since 2008 established Co-direction of Dr. Hérve LUGA to work in the avatar´s customization for the generation of synthetic crowd to populate virtual worlds using evolutionary algorithms.
It is intended to accomplish these objectives by generating seeds of characters that contain the physical characteristics and appearance which are meant to represent the population, for example, height, age, skin color, etc.
Once the seed parameter is obtained, genetic algorithms will be used to allow us to multiply the seeds in order to generate hundreds of synthetic humanoid crowds.
Finally, by using a distance function, we will make sure to get the physical differences among the characters that make up the population to obtain heterogeneous humanoid crowds.
Using parameters as a crowd generation seed, will automate both the characters appearance and the crowd behavior, it may even automatize the crowd’s future possible reactions and even their clothing.
These aspects, will allow us to generate heterogeneous masses, ready to be used in different simulations such as animations, movies, reliable video games, or just to join in different virtual environments.
The editor, is a portable system since it is developed in languages like Java and Python, which allow us to use it on different platforms.
The most important contribution of this dissertation is the parameters seed creation that will allow us to automate various applications, facilitating the development and generation of proofs. This may benefit other research areas that will require the simulation of crowds.
Relevant web sites
- DVRMedia2 PhD thesis project.
- Martha Zavala-Villa, Hervé Luga, Victor Larios-Rosillo, "Virtual Reality Advanced Editor For Crowded Worlds Simulations” (3IA 2010), International Conference on Computer Graphics and Artificial Intelligence, Athens Grece, 28-29 May 2010.
- Martha Zavala-Villa, Hervé Luga, Victor Larios-Rosillo, "Artificial Human Crowds generation supported by HCP: case of study” (ISUM 2010), Congreso de supercómputo, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. 02-05 Mar 2010.
- Martha Zavala-Villa, Hervé Luga, Victor Larios-Rosillo, "DVRMedia2 Virtual Reality Advanced Editor for Crowdes World Simulations” (TTCO 2010), 6º to Congreso Internacional “Tendencias Tecnológicas en Computación”, México, Distrito Federal. 18-22 Oct 2010.
- Martha Zavala-Villa, Hervé Luga, Victor Larios-Rosillo, "Editor de multitudes de humanoides sintéticos para ambientes virtuales” (CiComp 2010), 3º er Congreso Internacional en Ciencias Computacionales ISBN 978-607-7753-81-0, Ensenada, Baja California, México. 03-05 Nov 2010.
- Martha Zavala-Villa, Victor Larios-Rosillo, Hervé Luga, "Heterogeneous humanoid editor to simulate virtual crowds with parallel computing” (ISUM 2011), Congreso de supercómputo, Guadalajara, Jalisco, México. 21-25 Mar 2011.
Participation in Conferences, Seminars and Workshops
- ISUM 2010, 2011.
- TTCO 2010.
- CiComp 2010.